Inclusive of Lantra Awards Assessment
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Identify the basic construction and components, and the purpose and use of all controls and gauges.
- Identify and comply with manufacturers’ instructions in accordance with the operator’s handbook, other information sources such as duties charts and applicable legislation (PUWER, LOLER).
- Explain all relevant documentation.
- Explain all displayed information on the machine.
- Carry out pre-start and running checks.
- Carry out emergency lowering procedures.
- Operate controls from ground level, and from within the working platform.
- Manoeuvre/Travel the MEWP involving tight turns and limited access, using both forward and reverse motions.
- Position the platform up to maximum working height.
- Keep within safe working parameters.
- Place the machine in an out-of-service condition.
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures on and off a transporter.