Inclusive of Lantra Awards Assessment
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Identify the basic construction and components, and the purpose and use of all controls and gauges.
- Identify and comply with manufacturers’ instructions in accordance with the operator’s handbook, other information sources and applicable legislation (PUWER, LOLER).
- Carry out all pre-use and running checks.
- Set the dumper for site and road travel.
- Travel over differing types of terrain, including rough undulating ground, in a loaded and unloaded state.
- Travel up and down substantial inclines in a loaded and unloaded state.
- Manoeuvre in confined areas using forward and reverse direction, in a loaded and unloaded state.
- Form stockpiles and ramps of various materials.
- Load various types of materials into receptacles. For example, vehicles, hoppers, skips.
- Clean and level different types of materials.
- Place the skid steer in an out-of-service condition.
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures on and off a transporter.